i had surgery 2 weeks ago

Mon Feb 23 21:33:39 2004

Hello all, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago for adhesions, this makes my 2nd surgery so far. My first one was done 2 years ago when i had a hysterectomy for endometriosis and they discovered i was full of adhesions also. which was caused from my previous 3 c- sections and a previous stomach surgery. Since that surgery i had my gall bladder removed and my appendix removed and i have been in severe pain once again with adhesions, my stomache kept staying bloated.I had to use laxatives etc, many trips to the ER. I had to stop working and start living off of pain meds.

My surgeon thought she may have to do a laparotomy and open me up, but thankfully she was able to do it laproscopically. She removed alot of adhesions from my bowel, my stomache , and my bladder and my pelvic walls. Thank god she didnt see any signs of endometriosis coming back. Since the surgery 2 weeks ago, i feel better then i have felt in 2 years. so far i still have a little back pain, but no bloating of my stomache and the pain there is gone for now. the only pain i have is with my one incision that has become infected and we are trying to treat it. I also have a hard time eating some things and i am tring to stick to a soft diet for awhile.

I know that this surgery will probably cause more adhesions and pain later. And i am scared to death of the pain etc returning. But at least for now i did get some pain relief. Even if its only for a couple of months, at least it will be those couple of months without pain. I have quit my waitressing job, and finally got a desk job that i was offered right after surgery and i start next week. my doctor recommended i dont have a job where im on my feet all day and lifting heavy things. Im so scared everyday that ill wake up with the all to familiar pain that we all know, but everymorning i wake up and tell myself to be thankful for another day that im pain free. I hope you all are having a pain free day. take care, sarah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: