my awareness of adhesions

Wed Feb 18 21:32:40 2004

Ok - OK - I've been on this website off and on for 3 years and finally have come to the conclusion all of my pain and problems are due to adhesions. I am 51 years old and live in Va. I guess I'll start my story with a history of my surgeries. 1.) 1971- D & C. 2.) 1981 - D & C. 3.) 1984 - D & C. 4.) 1984 - surgery on my fallopian tubes to inblock them form PID's(trying to get pregnant). 5.) 1986 - D & C. 6.) 1990 - c-section. 7.) 1995 - biopsy. 8.) 1995 - vaginal hysterectomy. 9.) 2001 - removal of large ovarian cyst and removal of both ovaries. 10.) 2002 - appendectomy and "taking down" scar tissue.

My big problems started in August of 2001, after I had surgey to have a large ovarian cyst removed. When I went back for my check-ups I complained to the Dr. about the pain still in my abdomen)on the right side where the cyst was) and the problems I was having with bowel movements. He said it was all just a part of surgery and give it another month ot two and all would be back to normal. He released me to return to work and all follow-ups with my primary care physician.

I complained to my PCP on several occasions and he did send me for a CT scan which showed nothing. In March of 2002, I was admitted to the hospital for 4 days, with difficulty breathing. The Dr. there said I had Pneumonia, but once again, chest x-rays or CT scans showed no evidence of pneumonia, but he said some things Dr.'s just know. He paid no attention to me compaining about the swelling of my stomach. I tried to tell him that it felt like a big slab of concrete from my pelvic area to my breastbones. In Sept. of 2002 I was admitted to the hospital again after a CT scan was done, lymphnodes were swollen and the said I had a appendicitis "developing". They admitted me to the hospital and did emergency surgery - Guess What? My appendix were fine, but they had to reove them anyway die to some kind of state law. However, my bowel was attached to the incision of a previous surgery. The surgeon fixed that and then "took down" lots of other scar tissue. Whe I went back to the surgeon for a checkup, I was still having pain, only in different places.

The Dr. said there was nothing else she could do. Still having bad episodes I managed to make it almost a year without going into the hospital. The in Dec. 2003, it was terible. My stomach was swollen about 3 times it's regular size, I could'nt eat, couldn't breathe, my bowels were not moving, I couldn't hardly walk from room to room in my house.I went to the emergency room once and they said I had asthma and released me. I kept getting worse and 4 days later went back to the emergency room where they admitted me for 4 days. They thought I was having a heart attack. One other Dr. thought it was simply the flu. Both proven wrong. One Internal Dr. came in and sarted talking to me and asked " is your stomach always this swollen"? And then started tests on my stomach. My bloodwork showed where I was suffering from iron defiency anemia caused from internal bleeding. So they did a colonoscopy and an upper GI. These tests showed nothing. So they decided to do a capsule endoscopy and that didn't show anything. So again I've ben released from all doctors with no help. My stomach is swollen and bloated about 100% of the time. I am always in pain, but because there tests show nothing so I get nothing for the pain. I am having lots of trouble now with constipation. My lower back aches and my right leg aches all of the time. I have trouble sleeping because I can't sleep om right side, on my back or my stomach. I am in a sales job and really getting worried, my sales are down but it is because I don't feel good. Over half of the time I don't even have clothes to fit me because my stomach is so swollen and bloated. AND I DEPRESSED ? Yes - big time. The dr.'s think it's in my head and I have no faith left in them. In pain all of the time and just totally miserable. Knowing I have adhesions (from being found in surgery) and no one can do anything about it. Come on - there's got to be something they can do. I have a 13 year old daughter and I am widowed. I need help before I lose everything. Can anyone give me some advise or suggestions?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: