Dr. Gerhart

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Feb 17 23:41:35 2004

From: NKMcDowell@aol.com Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 5:21 PM Subject: Dr. Gerhart

In response to the question has anyone heard of Dr. Gerhart. I have suffered from adhesion pain in my pelvic area for 11 years from 7 different surgeries. By the time I found Dr. Gerhart last fall I couldn't sit, stand or lay down for more than an hour at a time. I had been to doctors in Seattle and Salt Lake City and talked to one in Washington DC and nobody would touch me. Everyone said I was a high risk and not "fixable".

I live in Montana so the trip to Pennsylvania was a huge consideration. He did surgery on me the day before Thanksgiving. It was over 6 hours and they did 6 major procedures at one time, including removing a foot of my colon. The week following the surgery was brutal but I would go to him again without question or hesitation. His clinic is small but I met all the doctors at various times and I liked every one. I could not have been more impressed with him or their clinic. I was in the hospital for 8 days and we were there a total of 2 weeks. I run the water aerobics program at a pool and also instruct classes and do personal training. I was in good physical condition at the time of the surgery due to the fact that I have used my water aerobics for pain management for 3 years.

I got into instructing because it worked so well I wanted to show others how to manage pain. My chronic pain began a new career for me. It is February 15 and I started back instructing classes the 1st of February, 9 weeks after surgery. My pain got so bad in September and October that I had quit instructing although I still did water exercises. After all that surgery and as much pain as I have been in I feel like a walking miracle. I credit Dr. Gerhart for giving me back my life, including back to a job that I love. My next step is to make exercise videos and exercise books as I have designed most of the exercises that I use in my classes. I designed and instruct a chronic pain class that is very popular because it works. I can't thank Dr. Gerhart enough for what he has given back to me. My e-mail address is nkmcdowell@aol.com if anyone wants more information. My name is Kim.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: