Re: Upper GI & SBFT

Thu Jan 22 12:50:17 2004

Your post moved me because I have endured the same thing. But since I have had 13 surgeries over many years, they rate my complication a Stage 4 out of 5 being most complicated.

However, the tie a knot at the end of the rope is most important. We cannot obsess over the lack of support we adhesion sufferers are shown at times. Every day we have to steal as much quality time back as the adhesions rob us of daily.

I am scheduled for an UGI and SBFT Monday, and I am going to do all I can on Sunday to wreck myself and piss off my insides and hope to God I fail the test for having ingested tha barium. Activity and exertion will inflame my adhesions which will move that barium swallow thru me like a space shuttle.

When that happens tho they suspect fistula...but it ends up being frozen bowel secondary to adhesions.

They have taken me serious after many years of chronic problems such as weight loss and pain....they have me on percocet and I take 1/2 a tab x4 [they want me to take #100 tabs a month and I will not] a day so that I do not get used to them where they are no good for me since I cannot tolerate opiates in normal quantities. I have been on oxycodone for 6 years.

The Docs prescribe them because I am active and want to live my life as a "duck", I want to walk like a duck, act like a duck and be a duck and hide my disease from society. So I took up fishing and boating and do volunteer work for police dept....and it exacerbates my problem but Docs medicate me because I AM OUT LIVING MY LIFE. They told me they rather medicate me because I won't sit still and aggravate my condition vs. medicating me to lay on the sofa all day and be non functioning in society.

It has been 10 years since my last emergency lap for bowel obstruction and I been sick again for about 6 years. Every humiliating test has been ordered for me at the lab [fecal collections x3, fat fecal exams etc...], UGI and swallowing a camera pill which takes 80,000 images.

I am grateful they are being thorough but as always most the tests come back negative....but I figured out lomg time ago that if I aggravate myself before the test, I tend to show things. Not every day is ickie for me but at least half the week is horrific, and I always fear my tests will be conducted when I am in a run of a good day or so....

So, I am not recommending anything, I am simply saying when I know I have a major Xray, I spend the day before pissing off my adhesions....so they can see on Xray the price I pay trying to be a "duck".

God Bless.

Sister Rebecca Eileen, nOFM

______________________________ >>I have a history of

--
>>accused me of drug seeking.  I'm at the end of my rope if this test
>>doesn't show something definitive.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: