adhesions & constipation

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Fri Jan 16 15:41:29 2004

Hi;

I can't believe it but you story sounds almost identical to my own. I'm new to this board and have been reading all the postings for over a week and a half now. It was recommended to me to check out this board as I too can't find out what it wrong with me.

I've been having lots of attacks and have been taking into the hospital by ambulance and by family many times in the last 16 months. Not fun!! After I get in there they basically tell me that they can't find anything wrong, medicate me until the pain leaves and then let me go home. My doctor has put me through all kinds of test like yourself and everything comes back normal/negative except the last 14 inches of my colon is severely inflamed and my white blood cell count goes up when I'm taken in with my attacks. They also said that when they did x-rays my colon was full!! I have gained weight which is something that I don't normally do and feel that this is all due to whatever is going on. They now have me on many medications {I also have Anklosing Spondilitis and Fibromyalgia!} on top of what I already have to take and it's still not well. It was recommended to me that I stop eating all vegetables and fruit, nuts, and whole wheat products. I have stopped that and so far the attacks aren't as severe as before. I'm not holding my breath though because I have before been proven wrong.

I've just started taking a new nutritional that is helps with colon problems "Jade Greenzymes" along with many other things. I've been taking Flax Seed oil, Vitiman E and a good multi-vitiman along with my other med's that they prescribed. I think that my doctoring has helped me more than they have combined.

As far as the adhesions go the only time that I was opened up was for a C. section when I had my daughter. I have had a tubal and then a hysterectomy as well but they were done vaginally. I'd love to know if adhesions are part of my problem as well. Do they have to do surgery in order to tell whether you have them or can they be seen any other way?

Please let me know if you get any answers from you doctor.

Tamilyn Brown wellnessmagnets@hotmail.com

-------Original Message------- Date: January 13, 2004 7:46:15 PM Sender: bpcl62400@msn.com (bosco) Subject: adhesions and constipation

Has anyone developed bowel adhesions following pelvic surgery that has resulted in severe, chronic constipation?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: