pain after eating

Thu Jan 15 20:50:19 2004

I am 55 years old, have had several surgeries, and in 1999 had surgery to have adhesions removed due to ongoing pain. This was suggested after having many test to rule out any GE problems. Was diagnosed with IBS. For the past year I have started the symptoms again with pain, fullness after eating just a small amount. I find that if I go all day without eating I feel fine however I know that is not possible so I wait and eat at night so I can lay down ( sometimes feels somewhat better). My GI doctor wants to relate this to my IBS. Has given me Zelnorm, which does help with the constipation that I have on an ongoing basis. I have lost about 12 lbs and am really afraid to even eat. It can take me all night just to eat a half of sandwich. Most of the time I am eating soft foods when I eat. I have found if I take a Soma it will help some. When the procedure was done to have the adhesions removed Hyskon was instilled to help prevent more adhesions. My question is - will this be an ongoing things.

Thanks for listening.. it seems like the doctors wont. I know my body and how it feels.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: