Adhesions following bowel surgeries

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Jan 11 11:09:42 2004

From: LILLYLILL@aol.com Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 10:35 AM Subject: Re: Adhesions following bowel surgeries

Hi, I did not have bowel surgery, however many years ago I had a Laporocopy to remove scar tissue from around my bowel area. It was initiated due to a pelvic exam which the doctor felt lose tissue in the area. After the surgery the doctor told me there was so much scare tissue that they got as much as they could but may not have gotten it all because they did not want to get too close to my bowel. In addition, they said they could not find my appendix and I know I have never had it removed.

Recently, for about the last five or more months, I have had continuous pain around the same area, it never goes away and is sometimes so bad that I cannot put a lot of pressure on my right leg when walking. I have been checked by another gyno who said it could be a hernia (checked it and ruled it out at the time-three months ago) or it could be endometriosis. I do not want to go on birth control pills (I am 41 years old, no children) and I do not know if I should continue down the road of hernia or get another LAP.

Your insight would be invaluable.

Thank you, Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: