adhesions vs endometriosis

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sat Dec 13 08:24:34 2003

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Janine Love Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 6:03 PM Subject: Re: adhesions vs endometriosis

We wish we could provide answers but your doctors are right, there are none at this time. The more surgeries you have, the more likely you are to have worse adhesions. You need to keep in mind that adhesions are just internal scar tissue which is a normal occurence with everyones body, some of our bodies just happen to make more adhesions and then when they harden or twist around something the pain occurs. There are trials in the state on a product called Spray Gel, but the jury is still out on it. You will hear success stories from Germany on it, and also people who are having reoccuring problems even after Spray Gel. There are difference of opinions on deep tissue massage, yoga, stretching, etc. You should try to read through the boards as much as possible and read up on all the different stuff people just like you are trying to alleviate the pain. Most, unfortunately, have to turn to pain management in attempt to live a "normal" life. Also, please read the adhesion quilt. It is so important to educate yourself as much as possible, so you can make a very informed decision before doing anything that you may later regret.

We are all here for the same reason, and most will try to help you anyway that they can.

>----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 5:46 PM Subject: adhesions vs endometriosis Sender: Taryne812@aol.com (Stacy)

..........Lately I have been having the most horrible pain on my left side up under my rib cage, along with chronic pelvic pain. sometimes it is a dull ache and others times a sharp pain and the pain can radiate from my side down to my thigh. I also have chest pains and diarrhea at least 4 days of th week. I haven't always had the pain under my ribcage or the chest pain and diarrhea, it started about 1 month after my last surgey and keeps getting worse. I have had a CT scan, an upper Gi, ultrasound all kinds of blood work and it shows up nothing. I have brought up the questions about adhesions to my now doctor and he says there is nothing anyone can do. That can't be true. I can not live each day in pain, my family suffers just as much as I do because the pain is taking it's toll on me. Is there anything I can do that will help? Does anyone eles had this problem? If so how did you treat it. I don't want to have to take a pill everyday to be pain free. I want an answer. If anyone can shed some light my way I would be very grateful. Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: