Shrinking adhesions?

Wed Nov 26 12:09:36 2003

A question from a newcomer. I'm 45 and never even had a painful period let alone surgery of any kind. I did however have the same iud for 19 years, although this never caused any bother. No infections,injuries or STDs. For about 3 years I have been getting fit with regular weight training. Then 12 months ago I began to get a pulling tugging pain whilst doing abs. exercises, which got worse during the year, becoming a constant 'scrunging' pain in lower right flank. Iud removed. The pain has lessened over the past couple of months, but never gone, and I began to get indigestion and bloating. Fearing endometriosis or worse, I had a lap last week. Apparently I have adhesions, but why did I get them? Can weight training actually cause adhesions in an otherwise fit person? Can an iud cause adhesions without having PID? The strange thing is, my Gynae says there are signs that they have been a lot worse, and appear to be shrinking. He says there's a 60-80% chance they will disappear altogether. His diagnosis fits with the pain being less, but has anyone ever heard of adhesions disappearing of their own accord? Great to have discovered your web-site, and looking forward to your feedback.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: