At my wits end

Sun Nov 9 10:55:06 2003

Hi, I am new to this board. Let me give you my history. I am 48 years old. At the age of 24 I had an open procedure for a ruptured ovarian cyst on the left side. At the age of 25-1/2 I had an abdominal hysterectomy leaving one ovary because of extensive endometriosis. At the age of 35 I had a laparoscopy due to return of endo and had my remaining ovary removed. At the age of 44 I had laparoscopy for what was thought to be return of endo but I do the medical transcription for the hospital and I read my report stating it was mostly lysis of adhesions. Then at the age of 46 I had laparoscopic gallbladder removal. I have always had little bouts of pain here and there but it would go away. Now all of sudden about two weeks ago.....I started having bladder pressure. Actually thought I was getting a bladder infection but was negative. Now the pain moves around and some days it feels like the old endo pain I had on my left side......extreme back pain right across the top of the buttocks and still having bladder pressure. You know it occurred to me last night that the spots where it always seems I feel pain are where I had previous procedures...i.e....across the bladder where my two open procedure bikini line incisions were, on the left side where my two laparoscopic procedures were and on the upper right side where my laparoscopic gallbladder surgery was. I am scheduled to go back to the gyno tomorrow and I don't really know what advice he can give me on this. I know adhesions cause pain but I guess I was just wondering if it would have showed up so quickly? Doesn't it come on gradually? Sorry for this being so long. Like I said......I am just at my wits end..... Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: