Re: Adhesion treatments?

Sun Nov 9 10:01:51 2003

Howdy yall, I have had numourus surgeries for adhesions, the worst was losing my uterus/ovaries at 22yoa. I have found I can go a few years with no problems(pain) and then it will slowly start with having heartburn and then getting spasms in my stomach. It feels like a cramp and sometimes you can actually see the area moving. The last surgery I had was in Nov '02 and I almost lost 3/4 of my intestine because the adhesions had wrapped them into a ball. I had portions of intestine that had begun to atrophy. I am very concerned because in the last two months I have once again started with heartburn and the cramps. I am taking up to 4 anexia 10/650 a day for the pain. I have been warned about constipation and have had no problems with that, mainly because I eat so little. I am slowly losing my appitite and when I do eat I become nauseated and use oral Compazine or Reglan. Well, I think that is enough history so now on to my questions: 1. What are the new treatments for adhesions? I know the barriers are being used, but it doesn't seem to help me. (in 80% of my surgeries a barrier was used) 2. I read that removing the adhesion tissue my help reduce the formation of new ones, is this true? 3. What about using Gore Tex? I no longer have my reproductive organs so there is no need for me to worry about pregnancy. Is this a possible choice? 4. Is there a difference between using lasers to lyse the adhesion compared to surgical disection?

Thank you all. SueAnn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: