Re: gallbladder adhesions

Tue Nov 4 13:23:41 2003

David, you are far from alone and yes, you can get adhesions where the gallbladder is. When mine was taken out I was fine for a few months and then pain began. They tested for stones left in ducts and other stuff, lots of tests, lots of money, all came out with no idea what was going on and I was actually told it was "phantom limb pain". When I had other surgery, hernias to be exact, just recently, they found the gallbladder region was full of adhesions as well as the rest of my insides. Of course they threw out a lot of theories, one doctor actually said he felt the surgical clips left from the surgery caused the adhesions to form quicker but mostly all agreed that the pain isn't only from the adhesions but from the adhesions and the clips pulling on one another. When it all started it was bizarre, the pain was worse than before the gallbladder was taken out and the first time I ended up in the ER the doctor there swore I had to still have my gallbladder and that I was lied to. Of course that wasn't the case but it does give all the same symptoms of gallbladder attacks. It is frustrating and I don't feel another surgery just to remove them for you is worth it. My surgery was just over two months ago and the pain is already returning. I hope this helps you some.

At Tue, 28 Oct 2003, David wrote: >
>Won't go into a long story this time but simply had the gallbladder out
>around ten years ago. All tests taken including a liver biopsy (the
>doctors said that this was the litmus test for liver disease, there
>wasn't any).
>
>All I want is a few answers that would help me greatly.
>I noticed that these adhesions, if that's what they are, have gotten
>worse over time. Can this happen? .......[msg continues]

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: