Re: A physicians oath....to first do no harm.

Sun Nov 2 17:25:47 2003

My story also.But lot's more.I had surgery 11 years ago by my GYN for female problems. As he found, when he had my abdoman open he was astounded to find, me massively covered with adhesions. He said he could not leave me in that condition, so he choise to remove them. He worked for hours and removed a massive amount from me. But rather waking to terrible pain like they said I should,I felt great. That say's it all when you've just had such and invasive procedure. I was fortunate to find a Dr. who knew what to do for me when it came back in less than a year. The Phy.Theropist who helped me used only a slight pressure on many places on my body,this melted the adhesions back to their original state. My first visit to her I could barely stand errect. I was not aware the adhesions were back. Within the first week I felt wonderfull. The treatment is 6 weeks with maintenace every 6 months. Some that say they can do this but I have yet to find one to do the same. I had my treatment at Womans Hospital Physical Theraphy, by Dr Susan G.I had to move away 5 years ago and found no one to help me with the pain. I find myself almost as bad as before. This site has made me realise that this is not over and I must have the treat- ment.

In Pain in Al.

At Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>At one of my appointments in the early 1970's...it made me very angry when
a doctor ( Dr. # 1 ) laughed -- as I tried to explain how much pain I was experiencing!! I have no idea why he laughed -- unless this was his way of telling me that he did not believe my pain was real! I knew right then and there that I would not be scheduling another appointment with him; because his inappropriate response caused me to lose all respect for this doctor!.........

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: