Do Adhesions Cause Cysts???

Tue Oct 28 07:25:07 2003

After going to the doctor for abdominal and back pain it was determined I have an abdominal cyst - originally diagnosed as an ovarian cyst. However, I have no ovaries. After subsequent tests - MRI, x-rays, CT Scan, and Ultrasound the doctor recommended that I undergo a needle aspiration as he believed this was the most non-invasive route to go. I was told this may shrink the cyst and it may go away. The cyst was quite large and the doctor said he drained 90 cc's (almost 1/2 a cup) off but left about 1/3 of it because he was afraid of damage to my bladder.

I went for a follow-up ultrasound and now I have 2 cysts - one smaller one under the original one. THe original one is not much smaller than it was prior to the aspiration.

My GYN did a FSH test and determined that it is not ovarian remnant syndrome. Nobody has been able to tell me where the cysts are or what they may be attached to. The Dr. said they are most likely cysts caused by adhesions and scar tissue and referred me to a general surgeon. He said that I will most likely have to undergo major surgery with me being opened up as oposed to a laparoscopy - with 4-6 weeks of recuperation time.

I have previously had 4 laparoscopic surgeries and a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. I was told that the hysterectomy would take care of all the pain from the endo - NOT TRUE. It appears that I have adhesions again as I have occurences of severe abdominal pain.

My question is...If these are adhesions, they are caused by the numerous abdominal surgeries. Now they want to open me up to get rid of the cysts but won't this surgery just make me have more adhesions????? WHAT SHOULD I DO? I am tired of going through this!! Does anyone have any advice on this????

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: