SUSAN - Important

Mon Oct 20 22:22:58 2003

Susan,

I have not posted on this site in months...in fact, I only visited the site today, for the first time in quite awhile. I happened to pick your post as one to read and to be honest, what I read really scared me. Please, please, take the time to go to the quilt and read my story! I realize that you have pain...and that it gets severe, but to be honest (and that is how I address any posts that I make...honestly and to the point), we can learn to live with the pain. We CANNOT live with the damage that repeated surgeries cause. I realize that when you are in the midst of your pain you believe that you cannot continue to live this way. Believe me, I felt that way too. When I first began participating on this forum however many years ago, I very clearly stated that I could not live another couple of months without having surgery to relieve the pain. I didn't know how I could go on. But here I am, what four, five years later and I have not had surgery to relieve the pain. I have learned that I can live through the pain...although it is not always easy. What I cannot live through is the repeated infections that threaten to kill me each time they surface...and at this point it is about every two weeks or so that I go into septic shock. Why do I get these repeated infections? Because of all of the surgeries that I have had, the problems that have followed and the inability for ANY doctors to correct my situation. I have been all over the world looking for help...am in Australia at this very moment and have learned here that there is no help for me here either. So, I wait to die.

I do not want that for you. Unless a doctor can do more than temporarily relieve your pain, you MUST avoid the repeated surgeries. With each surgery that you submit to, your adhesions worsen....thus the pain worsens and you develop other problems. Each time you submit to surgery the chances that there might be difficulties with things like anesthesia increase. Surgery should be avoided at all cost...unless it is a medical emergency. Ask your doctor next time he mentions surgery if it is a medical emergency. If it is not, then avoid it at all costs. For your sake, and that of your family.

As I said earlier, please take the time to read my story on the quilt, even though it has not been updated to reveal my status today. At the same time, please read all of the stories. They all tell the same tale.

God's Blessings to you! Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: