Living in Germany...should I see Kruschinski?

Sun Oct 19 16:53:12 2003

Hi everyone,

I've been following this list ever since my doctors began diagnosing my adhesions after a laparoscopy (ovarian cyst) in February. I'm hoping that maybe some of you who have seen Dr. Kruschinski can give me some advice as to whether or not it's time for me to go see him. I currently live in Germany, so it's possible my insurance might cover it, but I'm not sure yet if it's time for another surgery.

I've had recurring pain on my right side, gained 10 kilos (~20 lbs) in six months and have had gas problems and problematic bowel movements ever since my surgery...but the biggest problem has been very severe excessive thirst (3-5L water/day). I rarely make it through the night without having to use the toilet at least once or twice, and I don't sleep well anymore. Sometimes it feels like it's impossible to get as much water as my body wants. My belly will often feel like a full water bottle, while my lips and throat are dry and screaming for water.

I've had blood and urine tests (nope, no diabetes - neither kind), several ultrasounds, a CT scan and a colonoscopy. Everything shows up clear, and both my gyno and GP have concluded that I have adhesions, though neither can explain the thirst. Both doctors say they don't think I should risk surgery, but neither one can offer any other options besides 'learn to live with it'. I'm exercising as much as possible and working on finding a good diet, so we'll see how that goes.

The pain is intermittent, though it can sometimes be very bad, radiating down my inner thigh and throughout my entire hip joint. How bad is bad enough to warrant risking another surgery? I don't want to go into surgery unnecessarily, but I don't want to live the rest of my life thirsty and in pain either! Another thing that worries me about going to Dr. Kruschinski is that my doctor here in Germany hasn't even heard of him. Any suggestions?

-lin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: