Last Surgery-Hopefully

Fri Sep 26 22:49:08 2003

I've listed the website below a couple of weeks ago, but my messages were deleted and I really didn't understand why. I found this website-I actually think it was e-mailed to me from the IAS and I believe this will be my last adhesion related surgery forever. I completed a history of all my surgeries and problems and was notified whether I was a good candidate for this procedure for adhesions from this website. After a couple months of not hearing anything I was giving up again. Finally, I heard from this Doctor and within 2 1/2 months I had surgery. I don't want to go into all the details of all my previous surgeries, but I will tell you this, what was accomplished this time and what was different than my other surgeries for adhesions. My pain would always start in my gallbladder area, but of course, all the tests showed my gallbladder was working fine. This surgery I had on 9/19/3 was all done laproscopically. I only have 4 small 1/4" and one 1/2" incisions. I was given anti-biotics the day before surgery, the day of surgery, during surgery, and up until the time I left the hospital which was on 9/22/3. My gallbladder had been infected over and over again and instead of it being dark blue, it was gray-it was dying so they removed it. My gallbladder was encased in adhesions. In 2000 I had a total hysterectomy, appendectomy and small bowel resection. During the surgery on 9/19/3, the area where the small bowel resection was done in 2000 was in the form of a fist all bound together, and was removed. During this surgery, I had at least 1 foot of small intestine removed, and a portion of my colon removed. Again, this was all done laproscopically. One of the things that was really different was before they closed my incisions my abdomen was filled with some sort of solution (i.e. saline solution and I would eventually within a week void this solution out of my system. The purpose of this solution which makes perfect sense is that it allows everything to remain free moving and not allowing adhesions to form during that first critical week after surgery. It's only been a week for me, but I do whole-heartedly believe this will be my last surgery. Of course time will tell, but things were done differently this time and they perform surgery strictly for ARD every week. It's what they do. If you have a chance go to the website and read up on what they have to say about adhesions-it really can't hurt.

http://www.generalsurgeryinfo.com/gerhart5/index.html

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: