adhesions after C-section

Sun Sep 7 14:29:57 2003

Hi,

I'm a 42 year old mother. I've had painful intercourse ever since I had my baby in October 1998. The weird thing is that I had a C-section and my birth channel was never exposed to a passing baby. I've had sessions with a psychologist (the whole process of giving birth was quite traumatic), frequent visits to my GP (it always feels like I'm having a major vaginal infection while making love) and a thorough examination by a very gentile female gynaecologist. She told me that there was no physical reason to be found that could be the cause of this pain. Still I'm convinced that there is a physical reason and I'm not giving up. I'm currently under treatment of an osteopath, he's the first one in years of a long series of doctors I've seen who thinks there MAY be physical reasons for my pain. He thinks there may be adhesions between my bladder and my vagina, causing pain when there is pressure from the inside. The pain is located where my G-spot should be, so deeper inside. As happy I am with his DX, his treatments so far don't sort much effect. At the moment I'm quite exited for I discovered some websites about adhesions with information that could possibly change my life.

So I wonder: Does any of you have experience with laparascopy and the risk of new adhesions? What about insertion of a barrier between the organs involved, after removing the adhesion?

Please share your experiences. I'm scared of diving into a new 'adventure' that may be not worthwile....

Thanks a lot,

--
Carpe Diem

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: