General Housekeeping

Tue Sep 2 22:32:25 2003

Please take a moment to read through this email to have questions answered lately posted on the IAS message board -- instead of sending individual emails, I'm putting everything in one place for a quick read. Thanks for your attention :)

1. We have heard your requests/questions about the message board layout and have been researching options for making a change in this area of our website. While updating the message board was not part of the first phase of the website development and had to fit within the new template layout, it certainly was not something we forgot about. Our message board resides under the obgyn.net umbrella, so our access to changes/updates on the message board does not exist and we must depend on someone else to handle our requests. We have noticed that the message board format and our template are not always compatible and this is impacting the viewing of some messages. Updating the message board has become a priority for us to complete and I hope to be bringing you more news on this very soon.

2. Speaking of junk mail... we do not have the ability to keep all of the junk mail off the message board; but our server admin at obgyn.net is doing his best. Anytime you see messages about buying drugs or thanks for your resume, etc., we are sending these items to our server admin for deletion as well as asking that additional key words are added to the email filters. For some of you, the email filters have made it difficult to get your valid message through; Even my own messages have been blocked from the site! If you feel your message may be blocked and should not be, send your post to me and I'll make sure it gets up on the Board.

3. If you find your messages have not posted within 24hrs....send an email directly to me (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org) so we can find out why. Most likely, there is a server problem at obgyn.net and something happened to your message. As I have said before, everyone sees the messages at the same time - so your message cannot be deleted without first hitting the Board; unless of course the server had a major hiccup and deleted everyone's messages during a certain time period. It has happened before. So, before you get upset that your post is not there -- ask us about it. I may not always have an answer, but I can at least get your message to the server admin for some sort of feedback (it does take time though).

4. As for messages showing up with the incorrect email address. I've made requests to have this problem research and so far I do not have any answers to provide. For those of you impacted by this, I apologize and will continue to see if I can get resolution.

5. If you send a message to webmaster@adhesions.org it will go to the obgyn.net server admin; I do not always see these posts. Keep in mind you may experience a delay in getting a reply. There are a few places on the website where this address is actually routed to me - but not the message board area.

6. I have news about my own person struggle with adhesions I have had over the summer to share; hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel for me - but have been amazed at the insanity that I'm seeing on the board since I've been back and wonder if anyone will really care? This is a site for support and information, not a place to blame others, call them names, or any thing else that falls into this category. It is a HUGE time waster for everyone involved and completely defeats our purpose.

I think my health is back up to dealing with this now and really do not want to have to give everyone a time out for the childish behaviour we have been seeing - but enought is enough. Many times we have asked that if you have a problem with someone....take it off the board! If you made an error or mis-stated something or someone did not understand what you said - it okay to restate the information or explain your point. It is good to see healthy, spirited discussions but not when they turn mean/ugly. At some point when you go back to read the messages, you cannot tell what the true problem was. So from this point on, expect to see more emails about this sort of thing and you will see your posts deleted when things start getting out of control.

........and lastly.....please do not reply to the emails you have been seeing regarding computer viruses. If you are getting the individual posts, please take a moment to see that the message was sent to the entire board before replying. With all the problems recently, you may have seen a lot of these messages - some of which we can do nothing about since one feature of the virus can be replicating a message to your entire address book. Also - do not post information on how to clean any virus problems off your pc or tell others how to remove files from the hard drive -- we ask that you go to http://www.norton.com or http://www.microsoft.com or even http://www.mcafee.com for updates on current virus problems.

That's about it for now. We could not send a mailing out in late August with all the virus activity going on -- my own pc became ill :(

--
Tracy Joslin
IAS Administrator
tracy.joslin@adhesions.org

Neither the IAS, Synechion, Dr. Wiseman or any other representative offers medical advice. Always consult a qualified medical professional.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: