Adhesions

Fri Aug 15 22:44:46 2003

Where to begin! Back in 1992 I had a c-section with my last son. Within 6 weeks I went in to have my tubes tied and they couldn't do it because of adhesions. Plus my tubes were wrapped around my uterus. It was a mess. So they had to go in back through my c-section cut and fix me back up. They took out the adhesion. They almost did a hysterectomy at the time but because of my age I was only 21 they decided that I was to young. For the next 7 years I suffered. I was in so much pain. I felt like I couldn't be the wife I needed to be and the mother I need to be with my three boys. The doctor told me that it was time for a hystertomy. When they went in my left overary was desentagrated and adhesions were attached to my right overary, bladder and bowels. They took everything out. I was pain free for about a year or so. Then the pain returned. Only to find out that I had developed a mass were my left overary was suppose to be. I was in so much pain all the time. I had so many medical conditions with my back, knees and the adhession and now this mass. I thought I was going to loose it. My husband has been the best support for me and very understanding. A couple of months ago they were going to go in and remove the mass and release the adhessions again. The only problem with doing that is that for every adhesion they cut out 2 grow back. And with all my other stomach surgeries the doctor didnt feel good about going back in. So they looked at the CT scan again and saw that the mass was on my admonial wall and they were able to go in with a needle and deflate the mass. I was all up for that. Anything to stop the pain. I knew that the adhessions will always be an issue. If they had to go in surgical and remove the mass they were going to put a film in to prevent the adhessions to coming back. Well, I stared taking Flax oil and when I went in for them to deflate the mass they doctors did another ct-scan and it was gone. And sence then I have not had any pain from adhesions. I praise God everyday that I am healed.

--
Edie Corwin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: