Re: In severe pain, not sure what to do

Wed Aug 13 18:56:51 2003

Brenda, I am in so much pain today that I am in tears. I know that my bowel is not emptying out. Small stool when I do go, then I feel loose stool which won't move. Just constant pain and fullness. Never had anything quite like it. Yesterday, I had an abdominal xray, which was 'normal.' I honestly believe that I am heading for a bowel blockage. I cannot eat more than a few bites. Lost weight. Went from about 125 down to 116, in less than a few weeks. The Dr. wanted me to see the local gastro, but he's away til the end of the month. The others are also on vacation. I contemplate going to the e.r., but my Dr. said they wouldn't do much there for me. She mentioned trying to get me an appointment with a surgeon,tomorrow. I just cannot take many more days of this. Is there a gastro in your area? The others are booked up for the next few weeks. If I feel too bad, I guess I'll have to go to the e.r. Millie.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Brenda" <nancebln@eaerthlink.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 12:39 AM Subject: In severe pain, not sure what to do

> I have severe adhesions and they are attached to my large and small
> intestines, kidney, bladder, spine and lower back and muscles in my hip.
> I am on strong pain medication but have been on them for so long that I
> have built a tolerance to them. I had a bowel blockage over the weekend
> but got it moving. The problem is today I am hurting really bad right
> under mt breast and right above my belly button, it feels like someone
> punched me in the stomach, it hurts when I bend over, lay on my stomach
> or stretch and my pain meds are not touching it. If anyone has any
> answers or suggestions on what I need to do or who would be a good
> doctor to see please email me.
> Thank you so much.
>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm >

Enter keywords: