Re: adhesions and pregnancy

Tue Aug 12 12:08:32 2003

Hi Kris,

Welcome to the IAS board!This is a wonderful place to come and share experiences, and hope with others. I would first like to suggest you read everything you can on adhesions, become educated! I've found the doctors here don't know much about adhesions, or how to treat them effectively! You really need to become educated so that you can make informed decisions regarding your health. I've learned SO MUCH about adhesions on the internet(on this site and a few others), not from any doctors... I'm sure if you can find the right doctor to treat your adhesions, the chance of becoming pregnant increases. I've heard many people tell me that, and it makes sense that if the adhesions are gone, especially if they were involved with your tubes, ovaries, uterus your chances would naturally increase!! So start reading and listening to others here, we're all here to help if we can! I personally went to Germany for help, it was by far the best thing I could have done! I know how impossible that sounds, but it really isn't, it's very easy! I won't get into all of that right now, it's a bit overwhelming. You can email me personally if you'd like to hear more, or if you have any other questions I might be able to help you with. If not that's okay too, just stick around and LEARN!! That's the best thing you can do for yourself! In friendship, Lisa Graven

At Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Kris wrote: >
>I had my colon removed in 1990 and had an ovarian cyst removed in 1993.
>When the cyst was removed, my doctor said my abdomen was full of
>adhesions and that I probably could not get pregnant. Another doctor
>said it could be dangerous for me to get pregnant (if even possible). If
>the adhesions are the problem, can they be removed safely? Until
>stumbling upon this site today, I had given up hope of ever having
>another child. Who should I contact?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: