Re: Thalidimide - Second Plea for Information!

Mon Aug 4 14:04:55 2003

Hi Michelle, I don't wish to frighten you but this drug Thalidomide was banned in the UK in the 60s because it caused thousands of woman to have deformed babies. I grew up next door to a boy born with no arms. I don't know if it has been changed during this time, I just know it took years for the families to get compensation. Please be careful and do some research before taking this drug.

In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesions Society http://www.adhesions.org.uk Kath.Findlay@adhesions.org.uk   Please feel free to roam the UKAS website, research all about Adhesions, causes, treatment and prevention.

United we stand Knowledge is power ARD is our fight Surrender never  

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Michelle Sent: 30 July 2003 21:12 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Thalidimide - Second Plea for Information!

This is my second post of the same message.

The first time I posted it was barely acknowledged. I don't know if thats because it got lost in the "battle of the internet trolls" or if its simply because no one is familiar with Thalidimide.

Thank you Kristie & Mary Lou for bringing more questions & food for thought to the table about Thalidimide & RSD.

This is (to me) a pretty scary drug that I am considering so I feel its worth reposting just in case anyone can offer any insight.

Thank you and wishing everyone well.

The question was...

Has anyone here tried Thalidimide/Brand name Thalomid for pain? I have been able to find some technical info on the drug and a little bit about its (off-label) use for neuropathic & RSD pain. I'm hoping that someone here has (or knows someone who has) actually used it. Thank you in advance for any info or opinion offered.

--
Michelle

--
Michelle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: