Re: Intergel

Tue Jul 29 22:10:05 2003

At Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Susan M wrote: >
>I had laparoscopy with Intergel due to history of adhesions. The
>laparoscopy was done because of an ovarian cyst the size of a softball.
>Also had tube and ovary removed. Has anyone who had Intergel noticed a
>problem after surgery of burning. My one incision is burning and it has
>been three weeks since the surgery. Wondering if this will go away?
>
>thanks
>
>susan

I had gynecological surgery on February 14, 2003 at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, MA. Gynecare Intergel was used during this procedure.

Since my surgery, I have experienced complications. I have had severe abdominal pain, various allergic reactions, an internal burning sensation in the area of the surgery and through out my body, and several other symptoms that I have been treated for. I have been seen in the emergency room several times since the procedure as well as inpatient and outpatient care.

I would like to know what medical care or treatments have been made available to patients that have had Gynecare Intergel used in their surgical procedures, or if anyone has had some relief from treatments they have accessed.

I would like an opportunity talk to ANYONE who has had this device used during surgery or has experienced similar symptoms in postoperative recovery. Please let me know if there is a time convenient for you. My e-mail address is anonymous@obgyn.net. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: