Re: plies to some of your posts.....

Sun Jul 27 13:22:42 2003

I changed doctors and the new one says there is nothing they can really do except treat me as a chronic pain patient. I'm in NEPA, the Wilkes-Barre area. The new doctor is sympathetic but he says "hindsight is 20-20". I can't put my response here. Basically my situation is that if the cysts increase in size, then I'll have to have bowel resection surgery, so all I do is pray that that they never get large again. Pretty stupid I know, but he handed me a prescription for darvocet and sent me on my way. So I still haven't filled the prescription becuase I'm terrified of becoming addicted, plus I am scared of addiction. In the past 6 months I have been given so many prescriptions to different pain medications and most don't help. So I just deal with it now. Some days it's not easy but I keep chugging.

Because of my being significantly overweight I am contemplating bariatric surgery with Dr. Redan, but I am in a struggle with my insurance company, where I work to have it covered. I meet all the criteria and I would love to get it done because I've attempted every diet under the sun, short of diet pills (again cause I hate pills and I feel they are unhealthy) and I need to lose weight. I'm 40 years old and my mom died at 50 due to complications of obesity, which runs in our family. Right now, considering weighing over 300 lbs, other than GYN problems I'm healthy. No high blood pressure, low cholesterol (under 120 combined good & bad), triglyerides under 70, blood sugar normal, so I would like to have the surgery before this all catches up with me like it did my mother. I am afraid of more adhesions. I"m hoping that if I can get the laparoscopic bariatric surgery approved, I can have lysis of adhesions at the same time.

Thanks for replying to my post. I really appreciate it. I have felt very alone through all this, other than my significant other.

Tell me about your situation.

Ana

At Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Chrissie Damon wrote: >
>Hi everyone again......
>Just a few things after reading some posts. Hope all of you don't mind that I'm replying to some of your posts in one email. Not too much energy today....BA!
>
>Robin M. - I'm so happy for you! Off the pain meds now and able to do things that you haven't been able to do for a while. The surgeries you had helped you out and I thank God for that. You are, and always have been a sunshine for me. Keep on smiling that beautiful smile my special friend and may you continue to feel great and enjoy the new sweet addition soon to be in your life! xo's
>
>SusieQM - From my expierence a follow up or another surgery only added on to my pain and also more adhesions decided to move in and grow in me. EKK! Maybe not right away, but eventually as it did with you with your lap you had 4/24. I haven't meet too many people that are pain free or less pain anyway after another surgery. I'm sorry to be so negative, and I wish I could give you a better reply. I've emailed some of my friends here in NH to ask them how long their pain relief was after their surgery. For me, the longest I felt somewhat pain free was for 2 months. What a wonderful period of time that was for me. Hope your day is going well as you read this post. ")
>
>Hey Kathy F.! So good to see you! It's been such a long time hasn't it? I pray you're doing well. ") I've written Nancy's name and email addy down and promise that I will email her today. Take care my special busy friend...hope the family is doing well. xo's
>
>Hi Ana G. - nice to meet you. ") You have been through it all haven't you? I would be upset too if you told your doctor to remove the ovaries and he said...NA, lets hang on to them, no problem...normal. GEESH! And after all that you went through after your surgery where the ovaries should have been taken away with everything else. Don't you just hate having to be your own doctor? Unfortunately, people in our condition have to be on top of it all when it comes to our situation, sadly because most doctors have no clue about our disease. Sad, sad, sad! Hmm, did I mention it was sad?! I do have a question for you. If they found remnant ovarian syndrome why on earth did they decide to put you on Lupron? Good God, didn't they read your records? Sorry, just had to vent there for a bit. I noticed you live in PA. What part if you don't mind me asking? Are you looking for another doctor? I understand how miserable and frustrated you are. I hate to add my own problems into yours, but (always a "but" huh) I need help in the same area as you do. I'm almost in the same position and in dire need of the answer to - what next. My doctors are somewhat sympathetic, but aren't shy telling me they don't know what to do next....saying this with their hands up in the air. How about this, we take each others hand and try to help each other help - with the support of IAS and our determination not to give up, there just has to be an answer. Just has to be. Please try and stay positive and all together we will find the answer. ")
>
>Hi Marias, nice to meet you! ") I belive information on the Germany doctor you are looking for can be found in the archieves here on the IAS site. If you'd like, I'll peek for you and send you the links directly. I myself am interested in this doctor that is helping most of my friends here out. Take care and let me know if you would like me to send links that I find.
>
>Hi Elaine - Nice to meet you! ") Please, feel free to vent away. Isn't that what we, as a support group, supposed to be here for? Not only to vent, but to support as well? So please, never ask for forgiveness to vent silly gal! ") So many of us did as you did. We went to our OB for help....he/she helped us only to send us away after there is nothing for them to work on anylonger. Nope, this is an Internal or Family doctor is for they say. SO, after they did all they did - they clean their hands off of us and push us along saying...hurry along now you, there is nothing I can do for you. I did what I did to apease you, now your pain is back and there is nothing for me to work on, so go to a different kind of doctor. Bye-bye. Ahhh, see Elaine, I get to vent too. tee heee
>I do feel your pain. You know, I've noticed most of our posts are - ok, what next?! I also see lots of Lupron being used. BA! And double BA, BA! I'm happy to see something in your post, you do have children. Great for you! ") I can only imagine how hard it must be to be in pain and not be able to raise your children the way you'd like to havening all this pain and no answers. I so wish there was something I can write or do for you to give any and all answers to the questions you have. I promise, when I find the answer, I will share it with you and others so that we may lead a normal, pain free life. No matter what energy I have, I will still continue to find the answer. I guess what all of us can do for now is lift each other up when we're down. Also do all we can do to find the answer to so many of our questions, but the question that needs to be answered soon for us is ....what next?! Please try and stay positive and if you need to vent, email me anytime. I'm always here for you to vent. I may not be onine during the week, but I'll hopefully be there on the weekends. Take care and please try to keep smiling.....
>
>Hugs and love to all of you - hoping for all to be pain free..............Hope all is well with all,
>Love & hugs,
>~Chrissie xo's

--
Ana

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: