Re: New and Lost and Confused

Wed Jul 23 21:38:01 2003

I'm another Sue! sue 2, hehehe Was gone all day.

Suzy Z posted last week about having a 12 month window to massage the adhesion area,... I have been doing it, and I am feeling something happening inside! ... I don;t have time to find SuzyZ's original post, but I saved it and will try to post it tomorrow, I have a whole day of things to get done and it is 10:30pm..having my first cup of coffee... (I don;t eat or drink ANYTHING if I have to plan something away from home. what a way to live, huh!? :( )

--
SueRinOhio

>----- Original Message ----- From: "SusieQM" <hs_susieqm@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 11:05 AM Subject: Re: New and Lost and Confused

> I noticed the Sue connection too!!! LOL. Thank you for your reply... I > was afraid to post this for fear I would sound stupid. Thanks for your > input. I need to hear more on the barrier issue... It makes sense to > try something that could help. That will be on my list for further > discussion with my doc. I hope to gain quite a bit of info here, so I > can make better choices and decisions.. It really helps me to have > support and people who can relate. Thanks Sue! > > At Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Susen Zwicker wrote: > > > >SusieQM-smart woman-lots of Sue's here, > > > >I had surgery for adhesions 10-02 and the Dr. also removed my rt ovary which was covered w/adhisions previously cut. Hard for eggs to erupt out of ovary-very painful. They found I had part of my intestines plastered against my hip wall. I had few and painful BMs, major bloating (someone thought I was PG) and sleep issues just like you described. Take this print out to your Dr. > >I am not a Dr. and do not profess to be one-but the Barrier did help me. I still take a stool softener, because it cuts the bloating and makes my BM's regular-I never was a regular girl! However, the pain is such that I can function w/out pain meds. > >I ask, what would it hurt? Isn't it worth a try? (use of Barrier) > >There, that's my 2 cents. > >Best of luck to you and your surgeon! > >Sue Z > > > >SusieQM <hs_susieqm@hotmail.com> wrote: > >I am new here, but not new to suffering from adhesions. I had a > >laparoscopic hyster 3/02. Developed adhesions and had them cut 4/03, at > >that time the gyn found bad adhesions where my colon was adhered to my > >abdominal wall. I was pain free until the last few weeks. The same > >pain, in the same area has returned. It is not as bad yet as before the > >lysis, but each week I notice it more and more. I understand that with > >each surgery is the chance of re-occurance, but I am confused about a > >few things. > > > >My doctor believes that because I was able to be totally pain free for > >almost two months, that going in for another laparoscopy and lysis is > >not a bad idea. The thing he said that is confusing is that he said a > >follow up laparoscopy would have a cumulative affect on the level of > >pain. That even if the adhesions returned the pain would be less than > >pre lysis. Does this sound right? Has anyone had this experience. > > > >Also, he seems to think I would not benefit from a barrier since my > >adhesion problem mainly involves the colon adhering to the abdominal > >wall, and there is not a close proximity to warrant use. He tends to > >use them when the organs are close in proximity. Again, does this sound > >right? > > > >I told him that I would like to do the follow up in November THIS year, > >since I have met my insurance deductibles and such, and work wise that > >is better for me. My only hope is that I can wait that long, and he > >will help me if I need medicine... My main pain is at night... I can't > >lay on my back or right side for any long period without the pain > >vamping up. So my sleep is being affected big time. I fear that if I > >wait too long, that my colon will end up damaged and then I need further > >surgery more involved. > > > >I would appreciate any insight that anyone can give me in my quest to > >just find out and figure out what I should or should not be doing... > >Thanks... > > > >-- > >SusieQM > > > > -- > SusieQM >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: