Nubain- Pain medication

Sun Jul 20 00:27:19 2003

Nubain Searched this word and found nothing in the database. So I wanted to throw out what happened today and also ask a question. I thought it might be interesting to those that are not getting pain relief.

My wife's pain has not been releived in the slighest in weeks. She has had 24/7 pain and only a day and half releif when she tried Xanax. But that was short lived. Don't know why.

NO pain medication gives her any releif. We have used and overused Vicoden, Percocet, Fetanyl (Actiq) lollypops and currently on 200mg Kadian (MS Contin). She does not even get the slightest edge off of her pain. She can't take the pain anymore. Her doctors have given up on her. Tonight I called a housecall doctor. We had asked for a Demerol shot to give her a few hours peace. When he got here, he felt giving her Demerol would be a waste since these types of drugs have had no effect on her. Instead, he injected Nubain. 15 minutes later, she was laughing, ( not seen in a month), eating, (not seen in a month )and in no pain.(not seen in a month. From what the doctor told me, he gave her a different class of pain relief. This makes me think that in some women that are not getting releif from the standard pain medicines, might find some releif in another class.

>From what I have learned of Nubain in the last few hours, I would highly
recommend no one even think of this as a long term pain releif. Apparently it is highly addictive and will destroy one's life. For my wife I don't worry becasue she is soon to leave for surgery.

But, what I take away from this expeirence that might help others, is maybe the area's of the brain where the adhesions are causing pain, can be helped by a different Class/type of drug.

I hope I have not bored anyone with my lengthy story, I just can't beleive the amount of pain women are expeirencing with this illness. If this helps one person, that makes me feel great. Usually I don't have time to write such a long email, but wife is sleeping like a baby for once.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: