Re: My Side of the Story

Sun Jun 29 09:12:39 2003

I appreciate both the responses on this thread explaining the Germany procedures, the emotions involved and the results. Some of us are still waiting for a doctor here in the U.S. to even acknowledge our pain even exists.

Thus far, my gynecologist who did both surgeries on me for gyn related problems and on the second surgery put "pelvic adhesive disease" on the surgical report won't even discuss adhesions with me or my husband. Instead, he says my pain is not gynecology related. I've been told adhesions don't just hurt with activity, they hurt all the time. I don't consider a dull ache all the time pain, just the horrible pain that comes when I'm active. Therefore it must be in my head according to my gynecologist. IBS has come up of course, a visit to a gastro doctor has been done and I'm back to square one with no options.

I'm stuck in the military health care system where I can't get a referral for a second opinion from a civilian gynecologist even though our insurance says it's my right. I can no longer take motrin because I've taken so much of it my stomach hurts even if I take it with food and a glass of milk. So, I'm here hurting every day with nowhere to turn. Because my husband is in the military (pay isn't bad, but we don't have a lot left over you know) I don't even have the funds to get a second opinion on my own without putting us in a financial bind. I feel my "must be mental" pain isn't worth hurting my family more than it already has so I wait, live with this and hope some doctor at some time might at least try to find out the cause.

I don't know what to do other than to accept this is my life. So, for those that can get to Germany, I applaud your efforts, your willingness to share your experiences and feelings. At the same time, those that can't, if you have a doctor who at leasts believes you are in pain, be thankful. Some aren't even that lucky. I don't know anything that has hurt me worse than being dismissed and treated as if I'm a mental case. I pray daily that I will be blessed with a doctor who will at the least be willing to try to find the cause of this pain. I don't want medication, I'm not a drug seeker or a woman who is unhappy in life and needing attention. I just want my life back where I can live freely without scheduling my day around pain.

My absolute best to all here. There's a place for all of us and our experiences! This board will serve no purpose if people stop sharing their stories, so I hope those considering that will reconsider ;).

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: