Re: Maria/surgery

Wed Jun 25 15:11:56 2003

I just returned from my first appointment with the physcial therapist that will be doing my bio-feedback. She was great. She herself suffered from chronic abdominal pain (I think from endo) for 10 years an is now pain free without meds or surgery. I want to expect a miracle, but am somewhat wary. When did Dr. Kruschinski start doing these operations? I am curious to know of long term effects. I do believe in miracles - I was able to have a child by invetro fertilization. She is 3 and beautiful. I want to enjoy life with her as I waited so long for her to come. My surgeon Dr. Gary Wasserman, ob/gyn is a wonderful man, very patient and kind. Calls me all the time to talk and review past surgeries with me. I did have some concern after my hysterectomy because I was so much worse. That is when I started to learn more about what I had. I do think he should have realized that the TAH was going to make me worse, but.....I still respect him and all he has done for me. Like your daughter I went to many many doctors, and after seeing him for the first time 10 years ago he beleived my pain and new it was caused by adhesions. I am afraid to have any more surgery. I will not even let them go in to take a look. So I am living on pain meds and now physical therapy. Maybe in a few years I will be able to afford to go to Germany.

Thanks Deborah, New Hampshire

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Karen Steward To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 9:22 PM Subject: Re: Maria/surgery

Deborah,

That is one thing we did not try...........but guess we tried just about everything else.

Did you mean your ob/gyn cautioned you NOT to expect miracles? ( I think you meant "not").............I am curious, is he the same one that performed your surgeries?

I say why NOT expect a miracle, as we have nothing to lose! When you hit the bottom of the barrel, the only way out is UP..........I DID expect a miracle everyday for Melissa! In the midst of her pain and suffering, I prayed daily for a miracle. Don't let a doctor or anyone else dash your hopes of becoming whole.........believe there is a way to come up with the funds for your surgery also..........don't look at the circumstances, but look at the hope..............just because your doctor says he "knows two that aren't doing so good", let me tell you, I know two who are!!------my daughter and Carolyn Meadows.....

...............................did we receive a miracle? I believe we did, as my daughter is living again. Does it work for everyone? I can't answer that.............but Melissa is living again, not merely existing..........

Here's hoping the same for YOU!

Karen

-------Original Message-------

From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 01:35:31 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Maria/surgery

Has anyone tried bio-feedback to help manage their pain? I am 36 years old and have had at least 10 surgeries over the past 10 years, including a total abdominal hysterectomy in September of 2002. Since the hysterectomy (which was suppose to cure all my pain) I have been in worse pain than ever before. I know that the adhesions are now attached to my intestines, gall bladder, and have formed where my ovaries were. I have now been sent to a pain mangement clinic and they want me to give bio-feedback a try. Since my last surgery has made things so much worse, I do not want to have surgery again. I would love to go to Germany, however, my husband and I had to file chapter 7 recently (cause I missed so much work and was unemployed for a while due to pain) and will not be able to afford to go to Germany for a few years. I did speak to my ob/gyn surgeon regarding spray-gel and he cautioned me to expect miracles. He said he has two patients who have had this done and they are not doing so well. Does anyone know of others who did not have a good outcome? I read all the success stories and think it is great, but does it really work for everyone?

Deborah New Hampshire

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 1:35 PM Subject: Maria/surgery

Maria, Karen spoke from the heart and experience, she does not want you or anyone else to go through the heartache and disappointment she has been through with Melissa. Maria, myself and many others have been through similar disappointments. We have had no luck with being adhesion free from U.S. surgeries. They just do not have the tools to send you home pain and adhesion free. You may hear of one now and then, but that is not the norm. I know from my experience, each surgery caused more adhesions, until Dr. D. Kruschinski did my surgery with spraygel and the abdolift. Now I am happy to say I have my life back again. All Karen and I and others wish for you is to be pain and adhesion free. Love carolyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: