Deborah/New Hampshire

Tue Jun 24 22:41:03 2003

Dear Deborah, I'm sorry to hear that you are in such pain. In my experience, spray gel is a great new barrier. The best so far, and there have been a few in the past. A successful outcome depends on the doctor performing the surgery. As in anything, if you don't know how to do it, the outcome is poor. Have you done research? You need to study things on this site, read past emails, etc. There is a wealth of material here. The bottom line is that going to Dr. Kruschinski/Germany is the most successful plan so far. He is a great surgeon, does not use carbon dioxide, uses spray gel, uses laproscopic techniques and does a second look. If you can't get to Germany, bio-feedback might "tide" you over, so to speak. I know not everyone can go. There are many things that helped me in the short term, massage, acupuncture, etc. However, much as I'd like to say they benefited me, they only helped for a little while and it if you get really bad, ie, continual bowel blockages, they don't help at all. Bio-feedback, and other things can give you some short term relief and as long as it doesn't hurt you is fine. But things like that will not cure you unfortunately. Keep the faith and good luck. Love, Sally

t Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Steenbeke's Office wrote: >
>Has anyone tried bio-feedback to help manage their pain? I am 36 years old and have had at least 10 surgeries over the past 10 years, including a total abdominal hysterectomy in September of 2002. Since the hysterectomy (which was suppose to cure all my pain) I have been in worse pain than ever before. I know that the adhesions are now attached to my intestines, gall bladder, and have formed where my ovaries were. I have now been sent to a pain mangement clinic and they want me to give bio-feedback a try.
>Since my last surgery has made things so much worse, I do not want to have surgery again. I would love to go to Germany, however, my husband and I had to file chapter 7 recently (cause I missed so much work and was unemployed for a while due to pain) and will not be able to afford to go to Germany for a few years. I did speak to my ob/gyn surgeon regarding spray-gel and he cautioned me to expect miracles. He said he has two patients who have had this done and they are not doing so well. Does anyone know of others who did not have a good outcome? I read all the success stories and think it is great, but does it really work for everyone?
>
>Deborah
>New Hampshire
>

>>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Carolyn J Meadows
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 1:35 PM
> Subject: Maria/surgery
>
> Maria,
> Karen spoke from the heart and experience, she does not want you or anyone else to go through the heartache and disappointment she has been through with Melissa.
> Maria, myself and many others have been through similar disappointments.
> We have had no luck with being adhesion free from U.S. surgeries. They just do not have the tools to send you home pain and adhesion free. You may hear of one now and then, but that is not the norm.
> I know from my experience, each surgery caused more adhesions, until Dr. D. Kruschinski did my surgery with spraygel and the abdolift. Now I am happy to say I have my life back again. All Karen and I and others wish for you is to be pain and adhesion free.
> Love carolyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: