Re: Katherine wrote on June 22, 2003

Tue Jun 24 08:00:53 2003

Maria,

Good luck at the new doctor in California. Please keep me posted. I hope he is able to help you get rid of your pain. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I do understand exactly where you're coming from.

--
Katherine

At Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Maria wrote: > >This message is for Katherine wrote June 22, 2003. My name is Maria and >like you I am suffering from chronic abdominal pains for the last 3 >years now. I have been seen and done all kind of procedures on me and >also got all kinds of opinions from different surgeons. And all of them >told me "adhesions do not cause pains", and they are all wrong! They >just don't have no idea nor understand how this is causing our daily >lives. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety because of the >pains I am having. I am on all kind of high narcotic pain medications. >I even went to pain management and they did something to kill the pain >by putting needle on my back all the way to my abdomen, and boy I was in >total pain! They had to do it again the second time which the pain got >worst. I've been admitted to the hospital so many times cause of the >pains and my stomach distented looks like I'm 6-7 months pregnant. But >all they did is just keep shooting me with pain killers, you name it I >already had them all. My husband co-worker referred us to one of the >best doctor here in Las Vegas, Nevada. And he is a great doctor. He >believes what I am going through and helping me find a surgeon who will >do "Adhesiolysis." I almost had a surgery here but the surgeon >backed-out. He told me that it will be very complicated to do an open >surgery, since I had 8 different surgeries in the past including >hysterectomy due to severe adhesions. So, I did a research myself on >the net. I found one in Pennsylvania who specialize on "Adhesiolysis" >or Minimally Invasive Surgery. But it's too far for me to go to. And >luckily, 2 weeks ago I found one in Riverside, California which I'm >going to see for consultation early next month and he will let me know >if I am a candidate for the procedure. He specialize on this kind of >health situation and also he does bariatric surgery. So, once I see him >next month, I will let everyone of you knows the outcome of my >consultation. Maybe that will help for those who's in need of help that >lives in California. I can relate to all who have this kind of >situation, since I am one of you...suffering from it and seems like most >doctors do not understand. I hate it when most of them told me that I >will have to live with this pain and take pain killers for the rest of >my life. NO! That's not the answer for me...I am keeping my finger >cross that this doctor will be able to help. So I can go back to my >normal life, be able to work again and focus to my family and not the >pains I am having right now. You might also ask your doctor if they can >prescribe you an "Actiq", this medication is like a lollipop and it does >work great. Goodluck to all of us who is suffering from this illness. >Someday, we will be able to do the things we used to do and enjoy life >again. >Sincerely, > >-- >Maria T. Jackson Las Vegas, Nevada > >At Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Katherine wrote: >> >>I explained the pain I've been having in my right side, the burning the >>pulling, the stinging. I explained it's getting worse not better and >>that it happens every time I stand up for more than a few minutes. (My >>doctor was out of town so I saw one of her partners.) I also explained >>that my doctor found adhesions on the right side during the laparoscopy. >>As it turns out, I have a uterine infection along with the adhesion >>pain. White blood cells were elevated and I had a lot of >>pain/tenderness in my uterus. I still have the pain from adhesions >>though and I've been documenting how long it lasts, the severity, etc. I >>have had pain that lasts from five minutes to several hours every day >>this week. And I know it's from the adhesions because it's on the right >>side. (The other pain was on the left side and in the center.) I don't >>have the money necessary to make a trip to Germany at this time and I >>don't even know if it's to the point that I need to go to germany yet. >>I'm sure this is only going to get worse, not better. It's gotten so >>much worse just in the last two months. I don't know what else to do >>except to go back to my doctor and discuss my options. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: