An Amazing Experience in Germany!!

Mon Jun 23 07:14:30 2003

Although I’ve never posted a message on this web site before, I’ve been a faithful follower for more than a year. During that time I’ve read about the experiences of other adhesion sufferers, the many informative articles and links posted by Helen Dynda, and I’ve hoped and prayed for a solution to this painful condition for all of us. After much consideration and soul searching, I made the decision to contact Dr. Kruschinski. It was the best decision I’ve ever made. <P> My experience in Germany was incredible. Dr. Kruschinski is a brilliant, compassionate and highly skilled doctor, and I will never be able to thank him enough for everything he has done for me. During my pre-op meeting with him every question or concern I had was addressed completely and I felt totally at ease when we were through. I KNEW he was going to help me, so any lingering fear I may have had just disappeared. <P> Although my surgical history is limited (ruptured appendix with peritonitis in 1973, myomectomy in Dec. 2001), I still had severe adhesions which resulted in a five-hour surgery and eight kits of Spray Gel. In addition to the adhesiolysis, I also had a supracervical hysterectomy. Despite this major surgery, my recovery was remarkably fast. I was walking into town on day four, took a boat ride on the Main River on day five, then took the train to Heidelberg (two-hour trip) to do some more sightseeing on day six. I couldn’t believe how great I felt! I never dreamed it would be that easy, especially with the hysterectomy. Most importantly, the constant pain, pulling, and digestive problems I had been experiencing were gone. How wonderful it is to be free of those troublesome adhesions!! <P> The care we received while at the Emma Klinik was first class. The nurses were wonderful and very attentive. If I had to ring the call bell, a nurse was at the bedside within 10-15 seconds. The Klinik itself was immaculate, and I was so impressed by the everything I saw there. <P> My second-look showed no adhesions at all sites of adhesiolysis and no new adhesions on any other site. I will never forget hearing Dr. Kruschinski say “adhesion-free” after this procedure. I wanted to get off the stretcher and hug him!! <P> I had the pleasure of going though this experience with Liz from Washington. It was a comfort to have her there with me, and I will always be grateful for the support and encouragement she gave me. We also had the pleasure of meeting Margie and her daughter Kaye, James and his mother Angela, and Laura and her friend. <P> I also want to thank the wonderful staff at EndoGyn. From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. Michaela, Dr. Kruschinski’s nurse, is a very sweet and caring person. It was so nice getting to know everyone while we were there, and it was very difficult to say goodbye when it was time to return home. <P> I could go on and on about this incredible experience. For anyone considering surgery with this extraordinary doctor, please know you are in the BEST of hands. If I ever need surgery again, my first call will be to Dr. Kruschinski. <P> If anyone has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly. I promise to help in any way I can. <P> In closing I want to thank Karen, Sally and Dawn for responding to my e-mails, and a special thanks to Lisa Graven and Carolyn Meadows for their constant support and friendship throughout this process. I also want to thank Dr. Kruschinski again for giving me my life back. Each day gets better and better and I owe that all to him!!

--
Deborah Heimburg RN<BR>
Lebanon, New Jersey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: