About Adhesions...by Michael P. Diamond, MD......Excellent information!!

Thu Jun 19 16:52:17 2003

X> About Adhesions...What are adhesions? ... How do adhesions form? ... Pathogenesis (formation) of Adhesions ... When do post-operative adhesions form? ... What causes adhesions? ... What problems can develop as a result of adhesion formation? ... Can adhesions lead to bowel obstruction? ... Can adhesions lead to chronic pelvic pain? ... Can adhesions lead to infertility? ... What is the cost of adhesion formation to the health care providers? ... Do adhesions develop after laparoscopic procedures? ... What are the current practices used to prevent adhesions?

http://www.ntero.com/aboutadh.htm

"Adhesions can have a significant impact on an individual's health and well-being; problems that they cause represent a major component to the health care costs."

As an adhesion-sufferer you may find some of the information in "About Adhesions" difficult to understand; because I did. However, don't let that prevent you from moving on to reading the information I know you will be able to understand. I did - and I was able to gain a much better understanding "About Adhesions."

~ ~ ~ ~

When you have finished reading "About Adhesions", consider printing-out "About Adhesions" - and share this information with your doctor/surgeon. This article was written by:

Michael P. Diamond, M.D. Michael P. Diamond, M.D., is Associate Chair and Kamran S. Moghissi Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Detroit Medical Center and Wayne State University, in Detroit, Michigan.

Dr. Diamond came to Wayne State University in September of 1994 as Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He also serves as Scientific Research Director for the Department.

Dr. Diamond is internationally renowned for his work in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Diamond has been Chairperson of numerous national and international symposiums on various topics, including Intermediary Metabolism, Endoscopic Surgery, and Post-Operative Adhesion Development. His research activities include studies of the effects of insulin action on metabolism in non-pregnant and pregnant women, reproductive surgery, peritoneal healing after injury, postoperative adhesion development, the relationship between hyperandrogenism and hyperinsulinism, and early embryonic development.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: