Re: It's Me....Lesa

Tue Jun 17 23:25:03 2003

I, TOO, SUFFER FROM ADHESIONS AFTER 8 OPERATIONS. SOME OF THESE OPERATIONS WERE TO REMOVE ADHESIONS. I KEEP GETTING THE SAME ANSWER YOU DO, LIVE WITH THE PAIN. KEEP SEARCHING FOR A DOCTOR WHO WILL HELP YOU. BECAUSE I HAVE NO INSURANCE AND CAN'T WORK I'VE APPLIED FOR DISABILITY AND YOU KNOW WHAT A LONG DRAWN OUT ORDEAL THAT IS GOING TO BE. GOOD LUCK SHERRYGRIFFIN -----Original Message----- From: TODDnLESA@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 9:52 PM Subject: It's Me....Lesa

Hello Everyone! When I previously posted my "It's Been A Long Time" email, I thought I had re-subscribed to the forum but I guess I didn't. I had a couple of responses to my post but those people emailed me directly (thank you, you know who you are). But....I didn't realize that until now. So, if anyone responded to my first post, please forgive me for not answering as I thought that no one responded except the people I've been communicating with.

I went to UCLA today to speak with the surgeon that did my bowel reconstruction and stuff in 1999. He pretty much told me I had two choices as far as he was concerned:

#1 - Live with the pain #2 - Die

He said doing surgery on me for anything but a life threatening problem would be stupid and might kill me. My history is so complicated but I've had my share of surgeries. He wants me to get an upper and lower GI to rule out an obstuction. He thinks because of the pain I'm in and the symptoms I have (throwing up and not pooping) that I just might have an obstruction. He said if I do, then we'll talk about options but until then, I should just deal with it.

I mentioned the adhesion website, he rolled his eyes and said "I hate that website" I mentioned Germany and he said "All gynecologists think that taking down of adhesions is the answer for all abdominal pain" I could of killed him right then and there.

I am going to email Dr. K in Germany, tell him of my long and complicated life and see what he says.

Thanks to all who responded to my first post that I didn't get and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: