Re: adhesions/gallbladder

Thu Jun 12 11:26:55 2003

Thank you, Linda, for expressing so well the way you as well as many of us (including myself) have been treated by not only doctors but by so-called friends, who've drifted away - leaving us with the feeling that we are alone...that no one understands or cares!!

Love, Helen

~ ~ ~ ~

At Thu, 12 Jun 2003, linda garcia wrote: >
>Rick,
>Sorry to hear about all your troubles. You must know that you are not alone, you are not a whiner or psycho. I had 3 c-sections and for 7 years was told that I must be depressed, My husband must beat me, I must need a break from my kids. I have been through the same thing for years. It is very frusterating and it causes us to give up on looking for any help. These docs put their thoughts of us being depressed and so on in our records and then it makes it almost impossible to get any treatment whatsoever. I had a doc tell me that I was addicted to narcotics and she jus tblurted this out in the ER during one visit, when I got my records she stated that she discussed the possiblilty of addiction with me. There was no discussion just an accusation, this has followed me around. I finally got to a different town different ER and they admitted me to surgery within a week and found that I have severe dense adhesions. After that surgery I told her the pain was back and she said there
> was nothing else to be done. I did find a doc here at a free clinic that started me with pain management. It saved my life.
>I understand when you say "friends disappear" because they do not see physical symptoms like vomiting or pale skin, stuff like that, so they decided that we are drug seekers and just looking for sympathy. I hope that this doesn't happen to any of those that say we are nuts, cause this is an awful way to live, but no one could know what we go through until they walk in our shoes just one day. Have you tried to get into contact with Dr. Daniel Kruschinki? He is the best(ambidextrious too) surgeon in the world for adhesions, Harry Reich, is in PA and he has trained with Dr. Kruschinski so he knows the best technicques. Try to get into touch with this Doc in Germany as this is the only hope for people like us. This doc is so kind, I emailed him yesterday morning with my questions, fears and concerns and I had a response later that day. To get in contact with him, go to http://www.endogyn.com and he may be able to help. I have looked into air fare, I live in Wyoming and Denver is the
> closest airport for me, and the airfare is like 250 round trip. This is our only hope when we suffer adhesions.
>I was in the process of suing the doc that accused me of being an addict. She had been in the OR as the assistant surgeon during the delivery of my baby in March 2000 the removed adhesions after delivery, so she knew that they came back. I just can't find a doc to stand by me. For 3 years after this statement being in my medical records, no one would treat me. Dont' take this treatment from them lying down, you deserve the best of care, fight for your rights and your health.
>sorry this is so long, but you have found a wonderful support group here at the IAS, There is another website http://www.bombobeach.com that has more info.
>Take care
>Linda Garcia
>fellow sufferer.
>
>Live life to the fullest today because there is no guarantee that there will be a tomorrow

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: