New here and need some info

Fri Jun 6 12:13:41 2003

Hi everyone. This is the first time that I post a message but I have been reading the messages on this board for many months now. I have a few questions that I have been wanting to ask for a while now, but first, I will give a quick snapshot of my history. I am 24 years old and my problems started over 2 years ago now. At first, I started to have some pain in the left upper quadrant area and also began to have some bowel difficulties. I went to see my doctor as I was sure that he would no sweat figure out what was wrong and that he could help me. That's when the nightmare began.. as you all know. Upper GI, Sml bowel follow through, endoscopy, colonoscopy, Ct scan, MRI etc, etc. All to show NOTHING. So, finally, IBS was the verdict.So I tried the medications, all of which made me worse and increased my pain. My Mom and I went from one doctor to another, from one surgeon to the other, to some of my Mom's friends since she used to work in the hospital, and finally, all we ended up with was an anti-depressant and to be labelled as two completely neurotic women. My condition got worse and worse and my belly grew bigger and bigger, I couldn't believe it! I was tiny before, but I wasn't gaining weight, if anything the rest of my body seemed to get smaller. I got so fed up of doctors and knew so much that my pain and mostly extreme discomfort (trapped gas everywhere, tightness under diaphragm, etc) was NOT IBS. I started researching the internet, so desperate, because as time was going on, I couldn't keep up with my classes anymore, not could I do all the sports that I loved so much to do. I just felt like I couldn't move my body properly. I came accross adhesions and immediately knew that that was my problem. The symptoms, and all of what you are describing on this board is so much what I am going through. So I found out info about Dr. Reich and the ADLAP crew as I decided I wanted the best surgeons to treat me, besides, no one here (I am in Canada) would do anything, they all thought I was nuts (we were actually sent out of one surgeon's office when my Mom lost it on him and kindly threatened him that one day he will see his name in the paper). To make a long story short, they were extremely kind and I had a surgery booked in July of last year (2002). The outcome was Left upper, left lower and right lower quadrant adhesions. Exactly in the area where I had the pain. The only problem was that as I felt a lot of immediate relief in certain areas, I was never fully well and then, after a few weeks, I felt like I was right back where I started. :( When I followed up with Dr. Reich a few weeks later, I told him about all of my symptoms again, and he didn't seem to think that adhesions could still be my problem since I don't have endometriosis and I didn't have that many to begin with. But what about what I FEEL??? So I am not in the process of booking another surgery. "We may not find anything" is not good enough for me, I am the one living like a cripple at 24 years of age! It's not like I like to be sick!!! My question is the following: * Although I know that Dr. Reich is one of the best surgeons in the world and has had many successfull adhesiolysis, and is also a very kind and compassionate man (their whole team, from beginning to end are always extremely polite and understanding), has anyone gone to him but not been better yet? If so, what did you do after that? Did some of you have to end up going to Germany? Do some people really need the combo od gasless and spray gel, even if it isn't endo? Karen, when I read your stories about what you went through with Melissa, it is an exact replica of what I have been going through with my Mom!! She is so lucky to have you the same way I don't know where I'd be without my Mom. Anyways, this message has been long enough and I thank you so much for having the patience to sit through it. I would really appreciate all the ifo I can get from anyone of you. Sincerely, Michelle.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: