Re: Ladies, I need all the advice I can get!!! ASAP

Tue Jun 3 18:27:24 2003

At Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Fragmidas@aol.com wrote: >
>Dear Linda:
>
>It certainly does sound like gall bladder to me too. Did you know that there
>is a very high rate of false negative on gall bladder test???? Can you go to
>a different doctor? can you go to a different hospital?? When you eat
>greasey food do you have horrible pain about 20 minutes to an hour later???? My
>friend was actually in the hospital this weekend with the same symptoms as you.
>They sent her home just like you and she is going back in today to have her
>gall bladder removed. You need to get help. are you kind of yellow looking at
>all????? I know i dont post very often but i always look for a distress call
>so if you need me i am right here.
>
>your friend,
>
>susie - south jersey

Susie,

You are absolutely correct. It took them over a year to diagnose me with gallstones. I'd lost a total of 35-40 pounds by that time and was severely anemic. Keep bugging them until they can tell you what is wrong. I also noticed that when I had severe attacks, that area would swell almost as if a baby's head was sticking out. Spicey and greasy foods killed me but I felt best with very little food on my stomach. A completely empty stomach hurt also.

--
Hi Toni, I'm Terrie.

I ran across this site after an appointment with another military surgeon to determine why I'm having so much pain. I had my first operative laparoscopy in 1993. I was having severe pain in numerous areas. Bowel movements were out of the question. I went through fleet enemas like candy and nothing would happen. Fiber did nothing either. I had the laparoscopy and the adhesions were removed. I've always had digestive problems since then. Normal bowel habits for me are once per week if that. They are pencil thin when I have them or like small peas. About a year ago, I started having numerous problems. My hair started falling out (doesn't run in the family and I'm 33), I was getting severe skin rashes or bruises, my nails would split from the base up and I suffered from severe adult acne. I found an article about detoxification in my favorite inspirational magazine "Woman's World". It gave a sample 5 day detox program which consisted of a colon cleansing shake, herbal laxatives and supplements, herbal teas, and vegetables. I lost 13 pounds in five days, my hair stopped shedding, my skin cleared up, my nails grew back healthy and strong and I had regular bowel movements. After the detox I was only able to eat small amounts (no appetite) and I craved vegetables. I felt great and looked great (went from a size 14 to a size 10). I have not gained the weight back and as long as I kept my portion sizes down and avoided beef and pork I felt fine. I started eating beef and pork within the last two to three weeks and the pain has come back. My bowel habits have diminished also. I had my second operative laparoscopy 1 1/2 months ago. I felt better but I had a new pain on my right lower pelvic area (almost on my thigh). I can work with the digestive problems with detox, exercise, water intake, and diet restrictions. My problem is I still have adhesions on my liver and diaphragm that are causing me severe problems. The GYN DRs that performed my last two surgeries didn't remove them. I'm trying to convince the newest military surgeon that it is extremely difficult for me to be physically active like the military requires with this pain. They have been treating it as asthma, castocondritis, bronchitis etc... but refuse to believe the adhesions are causing the problems. I'm frustrated and in severe pain. I'm blessed to have a very supportive husband who surfs the net with me and for me, looking for answers. I'm happy I found this site and I will check in when I can. I'm working on two Masters degrees online and taking care of the kids. The site scares me. I guess I had a false sense of hope that everything would be fine once the surgery was completed, but I know better now. The support you all provide for each other is great. Keep up the good work. I'm sorry this was so long but I guess it's great to know that I'm not mentally ill after all.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: