Re: adhesions?

Mon May 26 09:20:01 2003

Adhesions do not show up in any ultrasounds, CT scans or ANYTHING. The ONLY way to diagnose adhesions is by lapraoscopy. Oh, and not every doctor that performs a lapraoscopy knows what an adhesion looks like or what it is and may not even tell you about it or take pictures of it. And the last thing you want when you have your lapraoscopy is for that doctor to "remove" the adhesions - they come back immediately and it increases the risk of them attaching to many other organs. The only "solution" (there is no cure) is an adhesion barrier. In the USA there is, so far, only one FDA approved adhesion barrier. I believe it's called Seprafilm. When the adhesions are removed, this barrier film is placed on that spot. There is a doctor in Germany that has been very successful in removal of adhesions. Keep going through other posts on this board and you will find the messages. I believe that adhesions themselves do not cause any infections or pain, it's the result of another organ being stretched or pinched by adhesions that things begin to become painful. I was the one that saw your post on another website and what you described in your post on that website was that of adhesions. I've seen only one gyn and one urologist. The gyn 100% believes me about the adheisons and the pain, but the urologist flat out told me since nothing shows up in CT scans that nothing is wrong...and he will not even look at the pictures taken during my lapraoscopy back in Jan this year.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: