H. pylori is responsible for the majority of peptic ulcers....for Spincon58

Fri May 16 23:25:34 2003

Dear Connie,

In your previous message you said: "I also have an ulcer that cannot be treated with medication only surgery." Did you know that most ulcers in this day and age are caused by the Helicobacter (H. pylori)pylori bacteria?

Several years ago I was diagnosed with H. pylori. I was lucky enough to be seen by a Physician's Assistant, who recognized that H. pylori was causing my pain. I was told the H. pylori bacteria are like acorkscrews that actually "dig" (for lack of a better word) into the lining of the stomach.

There is treatment for H. pylori!! It took me about 2-3 months to heal from the H. pylori bacteria.

The following quotations are from the http://www.niddk.nih.gov/ website (below):

>>"One cause of peptic ulcer is bacterial infection, but some ulcers are caused by long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), like aspirin and ibuprofen."

>>"Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria. Researchers believe that H. pylori is responsible for the majority of peptic ulcers."

>>"To see whether symptoms are caused by an ulcer, the doctor may do an upper gastrointestinal (GI) series or an endoscopy."

X> H. pylori and Peptic Ulcer http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/hpylori/hpylori.htm

If H. pylori sounds like the symptoms you are having, be sure to seek treatment for it!! Suppose your ulcer is being caused by H. pylori, be sure to seek treatment!! It may be possible that surgery isn't even necessary.

Helen D.

~ ~ ~ ~

From: Spincon58 . (spincon58@hotmail.com); Fri May 16 21:22:19 2003 I went to visit my gastointestinal doctor to discuss my lastest GI series. His explaination was the xray showed adhesions, but the pain in my bowels were IBS. Why does't he believe adhesions are causing this pain and irregular bowels. He never mentioned ARD.

I also have an ulcer that cannot be treated with medication only surgery. So he said he was sorry and when it gets worse call my surgeon. Does any one know if Dr. K in Germany can cut out uclers from the intestines?

Someone Please reply.

Connie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: