Copment from OB re: ahesions/scarring from previous C sections

Fri May 2 16:49:21 2003

My OB (the lot of 3 in a group) haven't really heard me say the word 'adhesions,' although I brought up the subject, in general, of my abdominal 'pain' (not happening all of the time) at my first prenatal visit in Nov./Dec. of 2002. I started experiencing this pain almost immediately after having my 2nd C section in the fall of 2000.

Almost immediately after coming home from the hospital, I noticed this severe, intermittent pain, which just so happened to be the worst, in the left side of my C section scar. I don't know if the OB/surgical nurse(s) had too much 'difficulty' getting my son out, but that side got rather excruciating.

It did taper off, though, but I didn't have to be moving around to experience it. I was immobolized for a few minutes. I could not lie on my back in bed to sleep; rather, I had to assume a semi-reclining position.

Anyway, back to the present pregnancy. I would notice, after getting up rather abruptly from a sitting position, that I'd have a similar type of pain. I just attributed it to "C section scarring," but I never tried to get a proper diagnosis.

Well, no pregnancy was going on when this started, but this has continued after the 3rd pregnancy occured, which was in early November 2002. For the first few visits, I would still continue to experience such pain (not excruciating but there, nonetheless) when the doctor would help me sit up after listening to the baby's heartbeat/examination. The female OB in the group, after I asked if this pain could be due to scar tissue, quickly said, "I doubt it; it's probably due to ligaments pulling." Yeah, that's fine and dandy IF you're well into your pregnancy and have a baby inside that's evidently growing and taking up space (LOL), but I just don't see "ligaments stretching" BEFORE you're pregnant!

That's all that was said. I haven't brought up the subject of possible 'adhesions' to the other OB's in the group but may at my next visit. However, I'm seeing the female OB again this coming Tuesday, 5/7/03, and I don't know if they deal with fixing adhesions or trying to diagnose that I have them.

I do understand that surgery might not correct them totaly, either, but I do find it annoying to think that I may be dealing with this inconvenience forever. I will be having a 3rd C section, as the baby (last one) is due this July, and I am wondering how I'll feel after the op. Also, I'm having my tubes tied, so it's going to be like a "double whammie," so to speak.

While this female OB's comment wasn't really 'hurtful' to me, it didn't give me any sort of closure to my problem, and I don't know who to turn to to take me seriously. This is the 3rd doc that I've dealt with re: pregnancy. Every pregnancy has produced a different doctor due to health insurance coverage purposes.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: