When looking for a doctor in your area

Thu Apr 17 05:35:15 2003

Dearest friends, When you are looking for a Dr. near you who understands the ramifications and needs of the ARD sufferer try emailing the IAS volunteer near you. They would be a great resource for you. No miracles promised, they may not have found one for themselves but it is a starting point. Go to the home page and click on "support" then click "worldwide support". You will find people state by state and country by country. They may be able to help you. If you have an actual operative report or sure diagnosis of having adhesions you should secure these records before you advance on finding another Dr...Ask for a copy of the patients bill of rights from the facility you are thinking of using. Ask about their pain policy as well. Note...please know I'm not knocking doctors and that is something we need to put to the wayside. Try to keep in mind we frustrate them as they do us.Be happy if they recognise you are in pain and try to keep you comfortable...be happy if they are very hesitant about surgery. If they are insistant on any type of surgery then take great caution. No elective surgery if you can help it, unless you have cancer or are in great jeopardy (i.e. bowel obstruction). Odds are you may just end up worse than you are now. I urge you all to take advantage of this site to educate yourselves as much as possible...you would certainly make different choices by understanding what it really means to be an ARD sufferer than without this knowledge. Go to the message board archives and read posts ( especially by Helen Dynda) about finding a Dr., interviewing a doctor, patients rights, pain management, and any other keywords pertinant to your situation. Don't forget to enjoy all the spring flowers too. Love, Dawn

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: