Re: do adhesions show up on cat scans or any other x-ray...

Fri Apr 11 12:31:37 2003

Hi there. Your story touched me so I decided to type you up a little note here. Some doctors can be so heartless sometime, but there are still good ones out there. By the way, where are you from? It does sound like the health care in your area could use a make over.

When I first started having problems, I got the run around, from everything from gastritis, IBS, flu, various GI bugs, ect. Until I had an x-ray in January show partial small bowel obstructions. Even after that, my PCP doctor told me to live with it; there is nothing to do. I was so depressed after I left her office. With that stated, she wouldn't give me a referral to another surgeon (the one I saw in the hospital was useless, she said I have IBS even when the x-ray showed partial obstructions) Since I had been to the outpatient clinic two weeks ago this Sunday, she gave me a referral to another surgeon, she believed me and said that IBS does not cause the symptoms I was having. I have two different insurance types; one requires a referral, except in an emergency situation like ER visits, and the other one I don't have to have a referral to see a doctor.

Getting to my point, I saw the new surgeon Wednesday and he said he believes its adhesions that are causing my bowel to obstruct. He told me ct-scans and x-rays don't show adhesions. This isn't the first doctor that has told me this either. I've had CT scan, small bowel follow troughs, and various x-rays. Only the x-ray showed anything, and that was when I have having horrible pain, vomiting and running a fever. The ct-scans, and small bowel follow through, didn't show anything because they were done after the obstruction was over. Anyway, I hope you can get some answers, I know its very frustrating, emotionally financially, and physically. If you want to talk sometime, feel free to e-mail me.

Take Care,

--
Heather

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: