small bowel adhesions

Fri Apr 4 20:35:47 2003

Hi All! This is the first time I have posted on this board. I am desperately seeking some advice/information/support. My name is Jennifer, I am 26 yrs old & my 48 yr old mother is very sick with adhesions and short bowel syndrome. 2 years ago, she had surgery to remove a cyst on her ovary. A week later, she developed small bowel obstruction & had small bowel resection. She ended up having 17 ft of her small intestine and ileocecal valve removed. She has had chronic diarrhea, malabsorption & obstructions ever since. After seeing many different doctors & undergoing many tests, the doctors are concluding that all of her symptoms are caused by short bowel syndrome & adhesions. They do not know how to help her. She could have surgery to remove the adhesions again, but it could make her worse. For the last few months, she has been in & out of hospital many times. After eating, her stomach bloats up & she suffers from abdominal pain. Have any of you experienced any of these symptoms? I am hoping that you would be willing to share any information about this that you might have. I really need to share experiences with people who are going through the same thing. I need to know as much as I can, so I can help my mom deal with her illness & make the proper decisions. Please post a reply or email me at jl487@nycap.rr.com. I would very much appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for listening!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: