Sending Unsolicited Email to Message Board Members

From: Tracy [IAS Administrator] (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Apr 2 08:29:04 2003

>From time to time, you may have noticed the message board will contain a
post that falls into the category of "unsolicited email". We try our best to remove these posts as we see them and kindly ask the sender to remove us from their distribution list. In most cases, everyone complies to my initial request.

Unsolicited email would consist of those jokes or chain letters or similar items that the last person tells you to "pass it on" or consists of several layers of distribution lists of people you've no clue who they are. There have also been posts you may have seen asking to confirm a subscription to a Yahoo group or purchase Rx without a script. Our message board guidelines state that we are not tolerant of this activity.

In keeping with this thought, I would also like to ask that our message board members not pull email addresses from posts of our regular, or not-so-regular, individuials in an effort to build a distribution list of any sort (honest,no pun was intended).

If you feel strongly about including anyone's email address from our message board in your personal emails of chain letters, jokes, etc., that are completely unrelated to the topic of Adhesions & ARD - PLEASE ask their permission.

If you are encountering a problem with someone who has put you on their distribution list and denies your request to be removed, please let me know.

While I cannot entirely control these activities, I can certainly keep reminding you of our message board guidelines that this activity IS NOT allowed. Continual refusal to adhere to our message board guidelines will result in being blocked from the board - a measure I would rather not have to implement. That's an email I really do not want to send to anyone!

My time is better spent working towards creating awareness of Adhesions & ARD.

Thanks for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me privately. And as a reminder, you can read the message board guidelines by clicking the link on the main message board page or by going here: http://www.adhesions.org/images/forumuse.pdf

--
Tracy Joslin
IAS Administrator
tracy.joslin@adhesions.org

Neither the IAS, Synechion, Dr. Wiseman or any other representative offers medical advice. Always consult a qualified medical professional.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: