Hello from Renette

Mon Mar 31 20:42:56 2003

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum and visiting this site since the beginning of the year. I had an appendectomy in September last year. It was a 40 minute operation as my appendix was behind my bladder. It was quite a difficult operation I was told. I've been getting pains around the incision area since December, and it gradually became worse. My doctor referred me back to the surgeon who did the operation, he then told me that I had to be patient, as adhesions could have formed, but it could soften with time. I was patient. I didnt' want to take painkillers, so I stopped and suffered. I tried acupuncture, which did help for the pain, but it still became worse. I am typing to you now, as I'm booked in for a laparoscopy coming Monday, to free the adhesions. I am nervous, because I dont know if that will solve the problem. But the pain is really bad, it will suddenly "grab" me and bend me double. And there is nothing I can do about it, the painkillers that I am back on now, don't make a difference. This is gross, but my bowel movements have also changed. So the surgeon wants to check that out too. They will keep me overnight in hospital. I'm hoping that the procedure will work. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what to do next.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: