#17 - I was the 17th American to have surgery with Dr. Kruschinski

Fri Mar 28 08:16:54 2003

I just want to say a big Thank You! to Dr. Kruschinski, Michaela & Thomas, Stephie and the nurses at the Emma Klinic to a wonderful trip and successful surgery. My husband and I meet a couple of ladies from the US (Val & Tonya) having the surgery. Val had her second look the day I had my first surgery. I was in the hospital until Sunday. Monday my husband, Val and I walked to the hospital to go see this woman we meet that had hand surgery and was in the hospital for over a week. My husband found out she had no family, so we made a new friend. My husband, Barron, got into learning the language. Our new friend helped him learn alot about the language and Germany. I walked every day until my 2nd look than I took it easy for a couple of days. On my 2nd look I was adhesion free (Thank you Dr. K.). On Sunday we went walking and was just amazed at the whole town was out walking, riding bikes, roller blading and of course eating ice cream. All the shops were closed but it looked like the whole town was out enjoying the beautiful weather. It was not like after my other surgeries, staying home and taking it easy, I was walking around town. On that beautiful Sunday we walked for 2 1/2 hours before I realized that I was getting tired. I will be off work for another couple of weeks. On Tuesday after my 1st surgery (on Friday) I felt so good I thought I would get off my pain meds, bad choice. I was just crying and didn't know why. So we were all talking and said something about not taking my pain meds so I started taking them again. My wonderful daughter, Heather (21), had cleaned the house, shampooed the carpets, bought us a new recliner, new rug, new pillows for the couch and the new recliner, and redecorated the living room. It was so nice to come home to that, it was just a shame that we didn't take long to mess up the house. Well that is enough for now. Just wanted to let everyone know the surgery was a success and we meet some wonderful people.

--
Pam Vincent

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: