Re: could someone please help me!! i am getting very scared!!

Tue Mar 25 07:27:50 2003

Susie, I am going to respond to this question: " When i have had adhesions removed, three times now which is a very small amount compared to some of you, they tell me that all my adhesions are in my upper abdomin and just a few in my lower pelvis. if that is true than why dont i have more pain in my upper abdomin. " It doesn't matter how many adhesions you have. You might have a million adhesions and have absolutely no pain whatsoever. You might have a million adhesions, but only one of them that causes pain or you might have a million adhesions and every single one of them causes pain. This last one I doubt very highly, but never say never. The other factor that could make a difference is that perhaps you have one adhesion that is attached to....say the bladder on one end, and a point on the total opposite end of your abdomen on the other. The pulling of body parts from one point to the other is what causes the pain....not really the adhesions themselves. There are even people out there who have problems with adhesions as in causing blockages or other problems, but whom have no pain. Considering how many adhesions I have, I consider myself pretty darn lucky. I do have considerable pain, but it could be so much worse. Last night was a bad night for me. I had extremely bad pelvic pressure and pain. I have no clue what was going on. I don't have a bladder, or any female organs, so I assume it had to be adhesions. I am also fighting what I think is pneumonia. It started with a sinus infection. My doctor said that the cipro I was on should take care of it.....except for the fact that I had been on it for a while so I should have never gotten the infection. Then over the weekend it all seemed to go to my chest. My chest hurts, I can actually feel the rattling in my chest. I need to get it taken care of immediately. Yesterday I called and asked to get in to see my doctor, but no, they just ordered a chest xray. I was supposed to be called immediately with the results, but they said they hadn't gotten them. If I have pneumonia, I need to get iv antibiotics immediately. You would think that after what I have been through my doctor would want to see me when I call with problems (while I may call and speak with his nurse to request meds or something, it is very seldom that I ask to get in to see him that same day....every time I have been told no I have ended up severely ill and in the hospital.....not this time) so that I don't end up in the same condition as in the past...especially with my having acute respiratory distress syndrome now. I think its time for a word with my doctor. Karla

***After further review of my family heritage and removing those parts which I find totally useless, I have discovered that I am 100% AMERICAN!***

I support the troops serving in Iraq!

**Soaring with my angel**

Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: