Regaining confidence after returning to the land of the normal living.

Fri Mar 21 11:07:06 2003

Hello to all, Thank you to all of you who wrote or called about the posting I wrote about feeling lack of confidence about resuming work. I appreciate your caring and sharing. So many things happened in my life in the last two years, too overwhelming to list, but I am slowly recovering in all areas. Yes, I am doing much better. I am teaching nursing three hours per week, in two weeks it goes up to 11 hours per week, and next weekend, I hope to start an easy weekend job teaching laid-off computer chip assembliers who are enrolled in a course to become certified nursing assistants. I went to observe them last Saturday. A fascinating group - from all over the world, all living here in San Jose, Ca. I already decided that with my group, the first day I will tell them "No perfume or cologne", as some of the students I observed must have bathed in a variety of very overpowering floral smells that almost knocked me over. Before this, I had the same job for 16 years, then we moved here, and I had no job, now I am beating the bushes to get a job or two or three part-time ones. I have been studying up to eight hours a day to prepare for my classes, as the content is not my area of expertise, but I am enjoying even that. I know it will take time to find my niche. If I don;t bring in x amount of income, we will lose our house. The agony of adhesions leaves a wake of damage and debris in its path: financial, emotional, social, sexual, as well as of course physical. I know you can all relate to that.Mary Lou

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: