Update

Fri Mar 14 19:44:15 2003

Dear All My prayers are with those having surgery & those that have resently had surgery.

I went to the Dr today for a pain in my jaw. A few years ago a dentist working on a back molar dislocated my jaw on the right side. At a later appointment, I told the nurse that since then off & on my jaw hurt. Guess what? The dentist did not write anything in my chart about it! Well, my jaw has been hurting for the last week. I have a hard time eating & opening my mouth very wide. I have a really hard time brushing my teeth. Yawning caused a great deal of pain & sometimes just talking & swallowing causes pain. There is a dull pain all the time but gets worse. My Dr said she thinks I have a pinched nerve. I can not open my mouth wide enough for it to pop in or out of place because of the pain. She said if I wasn't on any pain meds, the pain would be horrific. I did try to open it wide enough for it to pop to maybe get it off the nerve, but there was too much pain and she said it could then get locked with my mouth open! I have to take Ibuprofin 800 3 times a day and Equagesic 2 pills, every 6 hours and use a heating pad to help reduce inflamation and pain. I go back on Wed to see if it is better. I may have to be refered to an oral surgeon and since I don't have dental insurance, I may have to pay for it. If it doesn't get better I will have to have either surgery or a shot of cortizone in my jaw. I am really freaked out about all this! I have to squash all my food & can't bite off anything remotely hard.

My younger daughter is going through depression and is now taking meds to help. I think besides just being a teenager, most of it is because of my condition. With me being in pain and in bed all the time & not being able to do anything and my depression being worse at times. We do rely on her to help her Dad do dishes & cook. I am sure it will take awhile to see if these meds will help her. I pray they will & she will be at peace. I do not want her to suffer many years with depression as I have.

Some good news, my pregnate daughter & hubby are coming this weekend. I havent seen her since Christmas. On the 18th, she will be having a sonogram to determine the sex of the baby. I am really excited about it.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

Prayers to all robin M

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: