Following Tonya to Germany!!

Sat Mar 8 11:59:46 2003

note to those going to Germany! If you have some favorite DVD's and CD's, bring them along. There is a CD player as well as a DVD player in the flat. regarding renting dvd's at the store across the street. First you have to et the card from Dr. K's nurse, Michaela. Make sure you get ones that are in English. I left ihstructions for how to get the DVD player to work, don;t know if the nstructions are still there. DVD's coat about $1.80 (actually Euros) to rent, but you have to get them back by clsing time, 10 pm, or else you get charged for two days. we forgot and had three dvd's out for three days and it really added up. Any food you find in the flat is for you, left by patients before you. Just throw anything out that is beyond its date. Walk everyday afater your surgery, even if you don;t feel like it. Sit down when you get tired, there are some benches in the town square as well as along the river walk. Some restaurants will deliver, but if you have your companion with you, have them go get food if you are too tired to sit in a restaurant. Dawn and I were roommates. We ate small amounts, but not that much, but all day long. Easier on the healing process. Also, your abodomen will be swollen like a three month pregnancy for quite a while, even when you get home. Bring loose but warm pants. I wore the same sweats every day for three weeks, because my other warm pants were too tight in the waist. Nobody notices or cares what you wear. bring a warm coat, gloves, and a scarf. I wish you the best. Most important tip of all--if you can return on a tues, wed, or thurs, you have the best chance of being on a plane with a light load and chance of being able to stretch out on several seats. Hope all goes well.

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: